We’re proud to announce that Pazmac has qualified for ISO 9001:2015 certification, the highest standard for quality management systems available. As a company, we are committed to excellence on all levels, so we’re very proud that our certification reflects who we are, to the core.
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations like ours use the ISO 9000 Standards to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements, and ensure that quality is consistently improved. It is the most popular standard in the ISO 9000 series and the only standard in the series to which organizations can certify.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO typically revises standards every seven years, to keep it current and relevant for the marketplace. The latest version -- ISO 9001:2015 -- is designed to respond to the latest trends and be compatible with other management systems such as ISO 14001. Changes introduced in the 2015 ISO 9001 revision are intended to ensure that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organizations operate. Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 for Pazamac include:
- The introduction of new terminology
- Restructuring some of the information
- An emphasis on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of the process approach
- Improved applicability for services
- Increased leadership requirements
How did Pazmac achieve this certification?
Pazmac has been an ISO 9001 certified company since 1995. Achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification means Pazmac has demonstrated the following:
- Follows the guidelines of the ISO 9001 standard
- Fulfills its own requirements
- Meets customer requirements and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Maintains documentation
History of ISO 9001
ISO 9001 was first published in 1987 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), an international agency composed of the national standards bodies of more than 160 countries. The current version of ISO 9001 was released in September 2015, hence ISO 9001:2015.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization. Specific sections of the standard contain information on many topics, such as:
- Requirements for a QMS, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
In short, the new version of the standard follows a new, higher level structure to make it easier to use in conjunction with other management system standards, with increased importance given to risk.
If you have any questions about Pazmac’s ISO Quality System or the new ISO 9001:2015 standard, please call us, we love to talk about quality.